Every one’s favorite Catholic World Report editor, Carl Olson, has two new books coming out. Very exciting. Make sure you order early and often!
One is Called To Be the Children of God: The Catholic Theology of Deification (Ignatius Press), which Olson co-edited with Fr. David Meconi, SJ.
The other is Did Jesus Really Rise From the Dead? (Ignatius Press/Lighthouse Media). Below is more information about the book. It was initially going to be a 150 page book, but grew into a 200+ page book, with plenty of footnotes (210 or so) for those who are into that sort of thing (I know I am!). It is written in a popular, Q&A format, but draws on a lot of recent scholarship. Here is the Table of Contents:
- 1. What’s the Point?
- 2. The Historical Reliability of the Gospels
- 3. What Is the Resurrection?
- 4. Accounts, Theories, and Explanations
- 5. Hallucinations and Guilty Disciples?
- 6. Contradictions and Conspiracies
- 7. Mythology or Gospel Truth?
- 8. The Apostle Paul and the Resurrection
- 9. Physical and Spiritual
- 10. Conclusion: Two Challenges and One Question
I’m ordering immediately–Brad