Every month, we will compile the best, weirdest, most interesting music and sound news from the past 30 days and serve it up to you in one handy, easy to digest list. May we present 33 Things that happened in June? This list is brought to you by our 33 1/3 intern, Katherine DeChant.
- 33 1/3 was featured on Pitchfork!
- Apple Music is launching today! Which of course brings to mind TSwift’s (possibly hypocritical) open letter to Apple, asking them to pay royalties to musicians during their three-month trial period. And her letter worked!
- Unfortunately, they’re not offering much money. Indie labels are still flocking to joinnow though, which might be a sad commentary on the state of the independent music industry.
- Unsurprisingly, Googledecided it needed to get in on this ludicrous market too.
- We lost the beloved founder of free jazz, Ornette…
View original post 492 more words